Mike Bloomberg is taking aim at President Trump’s coronavirus response.
Mayor Bloomberg doesn’t have the most stellar record when it comes to pandemic response, but all is fair in love and politics.
For those keeping track, Bloomberg’s time as New York City Mayor (January 1, 2002 to December 31, 2013) saw some serious outbreaks. Here’s a partial list:
- 2005 – 2006 Meningococcal Meningitis Outbreak (Oxford University Press)
- 2008 Measles Outbreak (CDC)
- 2010 Bedbugs Invasion of NYC (The Guardian)
- 2010 NYC Mumps Outbreak (CDC)
- 2010 – 2013 Invasive Meningococcal MeningitisÂ (NIH)
- 2013 Measles Outbreak centered in Brooklyn, which was then the largest since 1996 (CDC)
â€” Team Bloomberg (@Mike2020) February 14, 2020